OMGGGGGGGGGGG guys I just discovered the SPOT for vegan and vegetarian lunches on le Westside. I actually “discovered” it a while ago but have never made my way to eat there until lunch last week. LA peeps you are prob up on this more than me, but Lemonade on Abbot Kinney (which also has locations in Brentwood, West Hollywood, Pasadena, Downtown, and more) is like a veggie-lovers utopia. Not to mention their lemonade is best I’ve ever had good. If you haven’t been, go. If you have been, go again. BEST LUNCH SPOT EVERRRRRRRRRRRR.
Lemonade1661 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90291
- Hours: Mon-Sun 11 am – 9 pm
Recently renovated and newly furnished, Lemonade is a great place to grab a quick and supah healthy bite if you happen to be on the artsy Abbot Kinney street on the Westside of Los Angeles.
A cafeteria deli style atmosphere with an interior design that says industrial meets yellow, Lemonade is great for lunch and great for families and youngsters alike.
- Super casual but still nice enough to not feel like you are in an actual cafeteria (gross), Lemonade is a warm, cute, colorful and happiness inducing spot due to the sheer color scheme alone.
- FYI, steer clear of going to Lemonade for romantic diners or a business meeting as the acoustics makes it noisy during the lunch and dinner rush. Def more of a to-go place or casual mid-day food spot with friends.
- In the tradition of M Cafe or Native Foods, Lemonade has an order at the counter type deal, but takes it a step further as you get your food before you pay. Chic Cafeteria Chow Down. Into it.
- You can order from their menu, which features veggie friendly soups, salads, sandwiches, braises (yes vegetable braise with rice!), and plenty of meat options for your omnivorous friends. o
- You can also choose to pick from their Marketplace selection of pre-made veggies, grains, and the like in their “salad bar/deli case” section, which I decided to do. You can get a portion of three or that same portion, with each selection half sized – so six small portions from the deli case in one order. If you know ho much I love little tastes of everything than you KNOW this is my jammer jam.
- This is my ideal version of window shopping, legit. A healthy, colorful medley of vegetable and salad dishes are here for you to oogle and ready to be devoured by guests who pick the most tempting ones. Oh, and you can even taste-test them before deciding what you gon’ order – Vegan Girlfriend heaven!
- There are definitely more vegetarian options than vegan ones, as a lot of their selections include some sort of cheese, but on my visit there were at least 8 100% vegan options in the deli case, not to mention the salads you can easily all make vegan as well.
- Lemonade is becoming known for their delectable salads: Watermelon Radish, Tomato Avocado, Kale Mushroom, Quinoa Pumpkin with Truffle Oil—all fantastic! And rumor has it Lemonade has the world’s best truffle mac and cheese, period.
- In the drink department, Lemonade has a plethora of uniquely flavored lemonades, which they will be happy to let you sample as well. Eeeeeeeee, happiest little vegan girlfriend evah!
- I tried the blueberry mint, watermelon rosemary and blood orange: all three 10/10 incred.
- I settled on the blueberry mint, which was out of this world bananas incredible. Def a MUST ORDER.
- In the dessert world, Lemonade also has mad game, but sadly only for vegetarians and not vegans.
- They offer bars, cookies, cakes, cupcakes, macaroons and more.
- For gluten-free vegetarians, their macaroons are totally gf and safe to be devoured with no worries of wheat rearing its ugly head.
- If you are more a carb over sugar kinda gal or guy, they have a huge selection of freshly baked breads as well.
- After a bunch of tasting of salads, grains and lemonades alike, I finally settled on my order, paid and took my food to go!
- The Venice location is a know Lemonade favorite, and I can absolutely see why. The staff is kind, super knowledgable about vegan/vegetarian/gluten-free options, they care about the food they are serving, and are very passionate about providing exceptional “beyond the call of duty” service. Not to mention, it actually seems like they LOVE what they do and LOVE working there. Yellow sunshine lemonade all around.
I left to rush home to devour my awesome meal but not before I snuck a huge sip of my obscenely amazing Blueberry Lemonade!
As soon as my mom and I got home we ripped into our lunches, trying and trading the crazy good abundant veggies we got.
My favorites were the red quinoa, the broccoli and the brussel sprouts. All of which are MUST ORDERS. Everything was good though so you really can’t go wrong espec when you can try before you buy!
Lemonade is now my new fav lunch spot evah, and I cannot wait to go back. For omnis, flexis, veggies, and vegans alike, Lemonade provides healthy, affordable, fresh, and crazy delicious food made with love. BEYOND OBSESSED. Today, I see an arnold palmer in my future 🙂
Your Vegan Girlfriend