XGFX, a vegan and gluten-free blog I love, recently posted a survey in honor of Vegan Mofo! If you’re not on the up and up, it’s offically Vegan Month Of Food and I am one of the lucky bloggers to be officially included! VeganMoFo was originally created on iconic vegan cookbook writer and bloger Isa Chandra’s the Post Punk Kitchen, as an homage to NaNoWriMo. The idea is to write as much as you can all month, about vegan food. There aren’t strict guidelines for how often to write, but the idea is to shoot for every weekday, or about 20 times in the month.
Sooooo I happily filled out these great questions care of XGFX for all of you gluten-free-ers out there! Here we go!
1. What’s your favorite gluten-free flour?
Almond flour! So yummy and so versatile.
2. What have you always wanted to deglutenize, but haven’t yet?
Pop tarts and stuffed crust pizza!
3. What’s one of your favorite xgfx meals to make?
Cookies and anything baked. I love baking!
4. Your biggest gluten-free success that makes ya most proud?
My gluten free skinny girl brownies. Took me a million tries to make those suckahs.
5. Most “epic xgfx fail”?
All the recipes that preceded said brownies.
6. What product do you wish was xgfx that isn’t?
Seitan hahahahah – but seriously ugh.
7. If you could pass along one gluten-free tip to a gluten-free newbie, what would it be?
There is a gluten-free sub for legit everything! It’s so easy and you can do it!
8. What’s your favorite xgfx product?
I have a whole post of them here.
9. Is there anything you miss being gluten-free?
Bread at restaurants and most of Native Foods and Follow Your Hearts burgers and sammies. Damn.
10. Any xgfx techniques you’ve learned that have been most helpful?
Almond flour works wonders in cookies, coconut flour works wonders in muffins and cupcakes, and a little xanthan gum goes a long way.
11. Have you found a favorite gluten-free pizza dough recipe that makes your heart sing?
Yes my socca pizza for one recipe!
12. Xanthan gum. Do you or don’t you? Love it or leave it?
Yes, love it! Stop playah hatin’ ya’ll.
13. Favorite gluten free prepackaged bread.
Enjoy Life Millet Bread. Not a huge prepackaged bread eater in general though. I prefer wraps and crackahs.
14. What’s your favorite way to nosh on quinoa?
My peruvian black olive and sundried tomato quinoa recipe. It’s reeeedicccc.
15. Name five of your most coveted pantry staples.
Coconut oil, cocoa powder, flax meal, ener-g egg replacer, and Kal stevia FTW!
16. If you could only buy three gluten free flours to last you for three months, what would they be?
Almond, fava/garbanzo and all purpose fo sho.
17. Any xgfx ingredients you are intimidated about trying?
Hmmmm, I don’t think so?! I’m pretty much down to taste anything vegan and gluten free at least once!
18. Favorite place to buy foods?
Whole Foods in Venice aka Disneyland.
19. Favorite meal when dining out?
Kale salads, nachos, french fries, Mexican inspired dishes and anything with eggplant.
20. Freebee – Here’s mine: Best frozen gluten-free meals?
Amy’s Gluten-Free Vegan Mac n Cheese and Amy’s Gluten Free Soy Cheese Pizza. Nommmmmmm.
Hope this survey was as fun to read as it was to take! And I hope everyone is having a great MoFo-ing weekend!
Your Vegan Girlfriend