Swingers has been a late night staple of mine since my oh so unhealthy high school days. I have fond memories of cast parties from the various plays I was in celebrating the end of our show’s run over stuffed grilled cheeses and decadent milkshakes. Since I gave up dairy my orders have changed, and nowadays, I order one of their various clearly marked vegan options on the menu. Whenever I end up in a large group in the West Hollywood area it’s almost inevitable, that at some point, we end up at Swingers. This 50s inspired diner isn’t what you would call gourmet and it certainly isn’t an all time favorite of mine, but it does offer a multitude of vegan options when you gotta grub late night. Healthy, Swingers is not, but who doesn’t love some greasy vegan diner food every now and again? WHOOOOO??? French fries at 3 am? Yes please.
Swingers8020 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
- Hours: Mon-Sun 6:30 am – 4 am
Santa Monica, CA 90401
- (310) 393-9793
- Hours: Mon-Wed, Sun 7 am – 2 am, Thu-Sat 7 am – 3 am
- I LOVE Swingers’ vegan cobb salad and get this 9 times out of 10.
- The vegan cobb is loaded with unhealthy treats like fried onions and tons of vegan cheese which makes this entrée a great wannabe healthy indulgence: you get our greens and your fried food all in one bite. You seriously can’t go wrong with this pup, and the dressing is to die for. Ask for extra, trust.
- I also love their veggie burger which they make in house using oats, beans and veggies. Its super crispy (questionably fried) and super satisfying. Yumalish.
- Another ridic donk order is their vegan chilli cheese fries.
- This is not on the menu but they will happily oblige if you ask for this heavenly starter (or main dish if you are feeling extra gangster).
- On my most recent visit I ordered their tofu chiqueles since I was craving Mexican like a mofo.
- Unfortunately, it was pretty meh. Not bad at all, but Hugo’s Mexican everything is way better. Stick with de cobb fo sho.
- Overall Swingers is a great option for those late night greasy food cravings, large groups with both vegan and meat eating friends, and just in general when you feel like taking some diner food to the face.
- Clearly french fries at 3 am is always a good call.
- Your Vegan Girlfriend