Today was the first day I actually ate food in one whole weak OMFG. I am under strict instructions to be eating soups, steamed veggies, tea, baked yams, applesauce and that’s basically it for the next few days, so as far as dining out my options are limited. I knew I could count on tride and true miso soup to do the trick, so one of my closest friends Elizabeth and I went on a trip to Vegan Glory in West Hollywood so I could get my miso fix.
8393 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
- Mon-Sun 11 am – 10 pm
Elizabeth ordered a thai young coconut which is an absolute must get when you can because drinking actual fresh coconut water can NOT be beat. It puts VitaCoCo and Zico to shame. Plus you get the pleasure of scooping out the delicious meat as a pre-meal treat!
And because we are twelve and think it’s hilarious….
Bahahha. Okay, so I ordered the seaweed soup, a fancier meal size rendition of a traditional miso, and a side order of steamed broccoli. Both dishes were out in less that 10mintues, piping hot and absolutely delicious – hooray for chewing!!
The fried garlic on top was insane good, the broth was salty and soothing, and I love me some seaweed in anything so nuff said.
- Broccoli is probably my favorite veggie ever. I order it constantly at restaurants and steam it all the time for myself at home. It’s also packed with… protein!! I know can you believe it!! Two cups of the green stuff boast over 5 g of protein. That’s as much as a serving of nut butter! It also tastes amazing with very little seasoning. You basically can’t fuck it up.
- Whenever I go to Vegan Thai food I usually order Pad See Ew with soy chicken or Lentil Loaf. Those are clearly must tries here, but I can’t wait to come back to try these menu stand outs as well:
- PUMPKIN-EGGPLANT-TOFU (P.E.T.)
Pumpkin, eggplant, tofu, onion, sweet basil, bell pepper, and mushrooms stir-fried in garlic-chili sauce
- PIK KING
Sautéed spicy red curry paste with green beans, bell pepper, and finely chopped Kaffir lime leaves with chocie of tofu of soy chicken, steak of shrimp
- COCONUT ICE CREAM WITH PALM SEED
- It’s ice cream!!!
- SWEET ROTI & BANANA
With your choice of topping – blueberry, orange marmalade, peanut butter chocolate, or maple syrup
- Just yes.
- Do you guys have any thai go-to orders? Let me know!
- Much love!!
- Your Vegan Girlfriend